Recipe: Carrot and Walnut MuffinsApril 2019
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I just really want a muffin. I fell in love with muffins when I got my first full time job and the cafe right near my office made the MOST delicious raspberry and coconut muffins. I pretty much ate one nearly every day. Fast forward 14yrs (wow, that was hard to write!) and I understand how important balance is when it comes to diet.
My love for muffins has definitely died off, but as I said above, sometimes I just really want one. These are a delicious, nutritious and super easy to make! If I’m saying that, they are easy. I’m the raw food queen, no baking required, less room for error kind of chef. A great addition to the work lunch box, not so much the kids lunch box due to the inclusion of walnuts.
Carrot and Walnut Muffins
3 cups almond meal
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 TBS honey
1 carrot, grated
1/2 cup walnuts, crushed
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
- Combine almond meal, baking powder, eggs, honey, olive oil, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until a batter like consistency forms (will be on the thicker side).
- Fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Spoon into muffin moulds, place in the oven for 3-35 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the moulds for 10mins, the transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- They can be enjoyed warm or cool.