Love BitesFebruary 2019
I love, love. I’m such a sucker for a chick flick. Give me a love story that is incredibly unrealistic; I’m all in. Pretty Woman is my favourite movie! No matter how many times I watch it, I still love it. Yet, I roll my eyes when it comes to Valentine’s Day. These Love Bites are about making something for your partner that you can both enjoy.
That sounded way kinkier than I meant, but hey, let’s roll with it.
Let’s be honest. The best way to anyone’s heart is through their stomach!
These Love Bites take a smidge of forward planning, so if you live with your significant other it may be hard to hide as a Valentine’s surprise.
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup flax meal
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 TBS maple syrup
1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
4 dates, soaked
1 cup / 27ml can of coconut cream
2 TBS cacao
You could also use dark chocolate shavings
1. Combine all the base ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined.
2. Once combined, remove from the food processor and roll each base into a ball. Then flatten just using your hands.
3. Cut a circle that fits the base of your cupcake tin (I used a silicone one). If you have a round cookie-cutter or the like use that. Or if like me, you only have jar lids, use one of those.
4. Place the circle bases in the cupcake mould and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
5. Combine the filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined. It will be a mousse like consistency.
6. Spoon the filling on top of each base and then place back in the fridge for a few hours to set.
7. Once set, remove from the fridge and slide a knife around the edge of the mousse. Pop each love bit out.
8. Cut up strawberries and place on top of each mousse.
This recipe makes 8 smaller cupcake sized Love Bites. If you want to make your life easier, halve the recipe and make in ramekins. Then you can just eat each layer with a spoon!
Until next time… x